Tuesday, March 8, 2011

To The Rescue...!!

As I came out of the doctors office, I realized the temperature had dropped and it was drizzling. I quickly got to the van, loaded DP in, turned on his movie, tossed my purse in the front seat, hit the "unlock" button on my keys (since I was about to put them in the front seat with my purse), and closed the door. I held Delaneys hand and let her walk around the van to her side. She was so excited. Until we realized it was locked. Hmmm. Perhaps I didn't hit the button enough times. We went back to DPs side to open the door. IT WAS LOCKED!!!
I remembered two women sitting in the lobby. Delaney and I ran in and called David. He called the police and was also driving to us. The police informed him that they no longer help with this and to call a wrecker. SO he continued driving to the house to get the spare keys. I was at 31 and memorial. We live at 101 and Elm. He works at 31 and Yale. In the mean time the woman came back outside and we called the Eastside district # who gave us the Eastside Fire Dept #. Once the lady knew they were coming for us, she went back in. It was cold and rainy and we didn't have our coats on but I didn't want to leave DP who was at that point crying and shaking his head no. Poor baby! Another man who had previously held the door for us in the doctor office came out and offered to let me use his phone to call David back. Then I realized he and I grew up in the same neighborhood, rode the bus together, and went to elementary and middle school together. Thank you Mr. Andre Cotton!
As I was on the phone with David telling him about Mr. Cotton we heard it: the sirens of the fire truck! I looked behind me to see the Firetruck exiting I-44. They proceeded with lights and sirens until they reached us. I felt very special and important! There were three of them and they worked their fireman magic and got my door opened in moments! THANK YOU FIREMEN!
We loaded up and called David who had just gotten into the house. I told him we could just meet for lunch since we were all out. We rendezvoused at Hideway Pizza for some yummy lunch.
This afternoon we napped and then SueSue came over for dinner!
As for the doctor appt: DP has dried blood in his ear, a large blister, and fluid. He also has some pretty crazy allergies going on. The doctor thinks the allergies are contributing to the ear problems because he is inflamed, which is preventing proper drainage. We are doing allegra, some nasonex, and recheck in two weeks. But had to cancel the hearing test until his ears are cleared. Boo!

-Rachel Bright
Sent from my iPhone

3 comments: