Saturday, March 12, 2011

Love and errr...other drugs

Yes, I watched the movie tonight. And yes, I had some tears. Partly because it is a tearjerker movie for the sentimental hearts, but more because I was comparing myself to "Maggie" and David to "Jamie"...-but not the jerk Jamie, the love and acceptance Jamie has of Maggie and her disease.
Now granted I don't have Parkinsons, but I do have a rare disease. And while it is supposed to be self-limiting, my self has yet to make that happen for oh, 5 years now.
Like Maggie, I have good days and bad. And like Maggie, I want the world to see only the good days. It is better to try and emit positivity and good health than to have others sympathizing over you.
After reading that you can see why I don't talk about this too much. Not that it bothers me to talk about it, but I'd rather just have everyone else think I'm doing just fine, even when I'm not.
I am so thankful for my husband who has never left my side. I "got sick" when we were only dating about 4 months. He could have bailed on me. But he didn't. He loves all of me. Just as our vows said "for better or worse, in sickness and health". He keeps true to those. For that I am eternally grateful.


-Rachel Bright
Sent from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. Well crap. Now I have to see the movie. And I don't like tearjerkers. lol

    I understand wanting to give the illusion of everything being okay. Sounds like you found you a good guy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ness, Yep, you should see the movie! It really is a great movie! And yep, I did find me a good guy (as did you!). Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete