Thursday, March 10, 2011

Purge the Cloth

I have been meaning to take action on this for quite some time. And today, I did just that. And man, what a good feeling! What AM I referring to? Thats right, the Big Closet Purge 2011 appropriately named because thats what I did!!
When I was pregnant (2009) and in a depressed state of big body little clothes syndrome, I took ALL regular clothes and packed them into a massive suitcase (the size you take on an international month long trip big) and stowed it on the top shelf of my closet. From time to time I would have David bring it down for me to review. I almost crushed myself one time doing it myself and learned to ask for help! I rarely ever, err, never, found anything that would fit. And it would go back "up top".
I finally decided to take it down and get rid of everything in there. Well that was my plan any ways. And I was very good and realistic and evaluated each piece of clothing as if I were on TLC's What Not To Wear. I did find several tops that are super cute that I bought a month or two before I got pregnant. And this time, they fit. So I pulled them out and onto hangers. And threw the rest of the stuff into a giant pile to go. Then I proceeded to go through the rest of my closet and pull stuff to go, and pull seasonal or work attire that I don't currently need immediate access to and put into the suitcase. I did the same with shoes!!!
Overall, I was QUITE pleased with myself! And I will be even more proud when I load it all up and deliver it to the Salvation Army. I like donating there because they actually give out vouchers at the homeless shelter for items and the homeless people can take the vouchers (yes, they get bus tokens to get there) to the store and "buy" stuff.
As soon as I get the pictures uploaded and drop off my stuff, Ill add the pics!

2 comments:

  1. Way to GO! I always feel better after cleaning out a closet. I did this a while back and now still have a HUGE bag of clothes that I need to figure out what to do with sitting in my bathroom. HAHA

    ReplyDelete
  2. I purged this weekend too! But I put all my stuff in a bag to take to my friend Sara's super clothing swap. Everything left after the swap goes to a women's shelter. My motivation for the purge was that I went to Target and shopped the designer line (woohoo!) and bought a couple dresses from it then a few other 'spring' items. The rule is that for every new item at least one old item must leave. Sometimes 2 old items must leave for every new one, depending on how long it has been since the last purging! (my motivation for getting back on the working out this morning was that the sizes I wanted to fit yesterday just weren't cooperating. poo.)

    ReplyDelete