Thursday, March 3, 2011

Fun drawing

This was from yesterday but I didn't make it onto the blog last night!
The kids needed a little focused activity so I sat them at the table and pulled out the paper and markers. They had a good time and did 2 "paintings" a piece. I wrote the date on them (along with helped them write twit names) and stashed them away.
I have a crafty idea for these early pieces of artwork. I plan on keeping a collection for a while (DP painted for the first time at Sahars on Tues and she gave it to me too). Once I have several I plan on cutting small squares out and piecing it together into a frame to hang in each of their rooms. I will probably collect for about a year or so in different mediums as they grow and experiment with things like paint, pencils and so forth. I think it will make a fun conversation piece for when their a little older and can see that even then we took pride in their work!
What did you do to preserve early artwork!?!

1 comment:

  1. I can't answer your actual question, but there is one blogger I read who is "art-journalling" with her little one. She keeps one and he keeps one and they sit down and work on a page each together. He has to be about the size of your two.

    ReplyDelete