Monday, February 28, 2011

Positively Positive Stress Reduction

So I had to take some mini online "courses" for points on a wellness program with our insurance. One of the courses was Stress Management. It had a suggestion of every night before bed to keep a notebook and joy down three positive things that happened that day and what you can attribute it to. I tried the excercise on the online portion and thought I'd share my "findings" for today's bolg!
1) I got all of Delaneys bills corrected, her appointment for tomorrow confirmed, and her prior auth with Physical Therapy corrected! It was a LOT of phone calls and took a long time but is nice to know it's all fixed! I attribute this to effective time management and the kids playing happily in their rooms while I was on the phone.
2) I returned the slide to toys r us and got some other great items instead. AKA- the kids and I did a little shopping. I attribute this to opting to shop at the 21st and Aspen store which is a traffic free drive (huge ++) and minimal other customers shopping! It was very pleasant there and we had fun!
3) I put away some of the kids clothes tonight. I attribute this to my wonderfully helpful husband who fed kids dinner and unloaded dishwasher so I could work on this!

There you have it! Maybe not everyones idea of positive, but getting these types of stressful things done and no longer a worry always makes me feel better!

-Rachel Bright
Sent from my iPhone

3 comments:

  1. WOW... you blogged from your phone?? Were your fingers tired?
    LOVE the idea of writing down 3 positives every day... it's very refreshing to focus on the good and not the bad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe I blog from my phone almost every time! It's easier for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I blog from my phone in a pinch, but I don't like what it does with the pictures so I usually have to go back and change it on the computer.
    Picking out the positives in a day is a great way to see how good your day actually was.

    ReplyDelete