Wednesday, February 23, 2011

All About Me

Today was All About Me...in a sense! You see, with our new insurance they have a "Wellness Program". If you participate in these required "activities" then the company rewards you with money into the Health Savings Account (HSA)...supposedly somewhere in the neighborhood of $450. We have until Feb 28th to complete the activities. Two items on the list were: See the dentist for a dental exam/cleaning/xray; Have a physical/labs done with your PCP. That is why my mom took the kids last night because her babysitting duties were needed all day today!
I slept great, and in until 9am. My friend and house cleaner arrived at 9:30 to start on my house. I left for the dentist and started that at 10am. I got out of the dentist at 11:45 and grabbed some McDonalds before deciding to have a little impromptu massage at Clary Sage. I mean it was, after all, Health and Wellness Day for me. What better way to improve my well being and health than an hour massage!!! After the massage I had about an hour to spare before my doctor appointment. I went to Old Navy on the hunt for some jeans for baby Delaney. Did I have any luck you ask? Why yes. I bought her first pair of "skinny jeans" to match mine, along with a pair of boot cut, again, to match mine :-) She also got some jelly flats but her foot has grown and I need to exchange them for a larger size! I then went off to my regular doctor for my "physical". This included ht/wt/vs and ordering of labs...which I could not do today because apparently my insurance is only accepted out at SouthCrest physicians building lab. I will go tomorrow.
Did I mention I have been sick for several days? Or that my autoimmune "stuff" has been giving me trouble the past week? My very kind doctor gave me a prescription for an antibiotic and we are going to try Celebrex. I say try because it is $125 a month! I bought 5 pills for my trial run...stay tuned for that update next week.
As I was leaving the doctor, I got the text I have been DYING to get from my VBF about the gender of her baby. ITS A GIRL!!! I am so excited for her. They were really hoping for a girl (she has two boys and one girl already, the girl being the youngest). We (meaning her, but I am borrowing all of her girl stuff) already have tons of girl things because she saved them from her daughter who is now 5. I am so excited for Delaney to have another female friend coming into our lives! Yay!
I arrived home near 4:30 from my day of ME to a clean house, and babies that were happy to see me. I was quite happy to see them as well! We played and had a good time. They are so sweet and apparently had a fantastic time at the farm. I am glad. Despite my differences and dislike of my step-father, I still want my kids to experience the farm and be able to enjoy their grandparents. Even if it means me having to bite my tongue for that to happen.
Tonight, I plan on eating some Papa Murphys pizza and watching American Idol...and taking some cough syrup because this mamma doesn't feel too swell, even after a day of wellness! Lets hope for a mild night with the kids since David is going to have to help me tonight because of the cough syrup. I sure hope I feel better soon!
What did you do for yourself today??

1 comment:

  1. I got myself a pedicure! I love the new layout of the blog by the way!

    ReplyDelete